For every home an entry door stands as the completing factor. There is truly no home without a functional entry door. The entry door ought to be the inviting piece of your home to welcome your guests and yourself every time you come home.
Did you know that the state of your entry door increases the value of your home? When your door begins to deteriorate it is very important you consider getting an entry door replacement because it is directly connected to the appeal of your home, the property value of your home and your overall security for yourself and family.
Here are some clear signs you are in desperate need of a new entry door to your home and acting immediately is key.
- Sounds of Squeaking. No one can endure for long the screeches that accompany every opening and closing of their entry door. When this starts to happen don’t just say ‘its old’. Yes that true, it might be old but being comfortable with the screeches is not safe even if you believe you might be saving the cost to spend for a new one ‘eventually’.
Other than the reality of the entry door being old, squeaking sounds also happen as a result of damage moisture. When moisture seeps into the wood of the door it can cause squeaking sounds as this is a clear sign of deterioration.
Loud squeaking sounds and door sticking could also be a sign of hinges that have become worn. This makes it impossible to silently get in and out of your home without the use of much arm strength. This is a clear sign that your home is anticipating a new entry door.
- Cold or hot air. If each time you walk by your door you notice a draft, this is a tell-tale sign that your entry door has gaps between the frame and around the door. This tends to happen to entry doors over a period of time.
Though there might be fixes to alleviate the feelings of a draft without needing to get a door replacement, they are merely temporary and in time you will need a new entry door to keep the temperature in your home at a healthy balance.
- Cracks, Warps, or Peels. The wear and tear of varying weather conditions can cause your entry door to develop warps, cracks, and peels. When these damages are not addressed with urgency, it poses a security threat and insect infestation.
- Damages to your floor. When an entry door starts scratching the surface of your home’s flooring, its definitely time for a new entry door. Doors that become warped tend to do this each time the door is opened or closed.
- Moisture build-up. Varying weather conditions overtime can cause moisture levels to heighten in the wood of the door. This can evolve into the encouraging of mold buildup and mildew if no immediate attention is given.
Once the door starts to operate in this manner it generally means that it will continue even if the mold is removed because maybe the glass seals on the door have become defective.
A replacement door is important once you start seeing signs that threaten your safety, health and value of your home.